Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, most cabins would love to have your furry friend! There is a required pet fee
PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN SOME OF THE CABINS, PLEASE MAKE SURE THE CABIN YOU CHOSE IS PET FRIENDLY BEFORE RESERVING.
Since all Sweetwater cabin rental properties are privately owned cabins and not hotel rooms, they are fully furnished and include a living room, kitchen with kitchen appliances, bedrooms, and bathrooms as described on each property detail page. The following items are also provided in your cabin:
PROVISIONS INCLUDED IN YOUR CABIN:
- Fully furnished cabin with appliances
- Complimentary welcome snack
- Bath & Beach Towels, Wash Clothes, Hand Towels, Linens/Bedding, Plates & Cutlery, Drinking Glasses, Crockery, Cooking Utensils, Various Pots & Pans, Dishcloths, Potholders, Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker, Toaster, Blender, Crock-Pot, Microwave, Dishwasher (most), Washer/Dryer (most), Propane Grill (1 propane tank included), Hot Tub (most), Outdoor Fire Pit, TV, Internet.
- COMPLIMENTARY STARTER SUPPLY of Coffee (drip coffee only), Sugar Packets, Powdered milk Packets, Salt and Pepper Packets, 1 Kitchen Sponge, 5-6 Laundry Detergents, 5-6 Dishwasher Soaps (under the sink), 1 Hand Soap, 2 rolls toilet paper per bathroom (1 on holder and 1 under sink/drawer), 1 Paper Towel (under the sink), 5-6 Trash bags (under the sink), 1 Travel Sized Shampoo per shower/bath, 1 Bar Soap per bathroom and shower. Additional supplies can be purchased at local supermarkets.
PROVISIONS NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR SHORT-TERM RENTAL:
- Spices (except for salt and pepper packets)
- Facial Tissues
- Hangers (some owners provide)
- Saran Wrap/Tin Foil/storage containers
- Paper cups/paper plates/plastic silverware
- Tea Kettle (some owners provide)
- Closet (some cabins are only equipped with an owners/housekeeping closet which is not available to the guest)
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 11:00 am
Early check-in and late check-outs are unavailable until further notice due to CDC Cleaning Requirements. Thank you for understanding the necessary changes required to clean each cabin safely and effectively.
*For the safety of guests and cleaners please do not enter the cabin before 4 pm or leave later than 11 am.
There is a grocery store in Broken Bow, Pruitts, in Broken Bow and a Walmart (basic groceries) and one in Hochatown, The Market at Local 259.
The property management system automatically sends cabin information 5 days and again 1 day prior to guest arrival if you are paid in full. If you have a balance due the system will not send the cabin information, so please make sure you have made all payments. The information will come from Sweetwater Cabins, not VRBO/Homeaway/Airbnb etc. Please check your junk, spam, and trash mail if you cannot find it. We cannot guarantee we will be able available to resend the information on the day of your arrival, so please contact us immediately if you have not received it 3 days before your arrival date.
Driving directions are given in the cabin information email. Google Maps/GPS will NOT be able to locate your cabin (there are a few exceptions), so please print the driving direction you received before getting on the road
Welcome to 'no mans' land! Phone reception will most likely drop intermittently on your trip and in the area. It will be a dead zone to some carriers, so PRINT THE DIRECTIONS before you get on the road. Also, you may not have cellular service in the area because some carriers (T-Mobile) have no satellite access there, even if you are on the cabin WiFi. It is getting better each year, but we are not quite up to city standards when it comes to technology!
True! You are in Broken Bow, but, the cabins and Beavers' Bend State Park are all in Hochatown, which is 11 miles north of the town of Broken Bow. That area has just always been referred to as Broken Bow, even though, it is really in Hochatown. The city finally put up a small sign on 259 that says Hochatown is 11 miles ahead. You know you are on the right path because they also put up a large Hochatown sign when you enter the town. The locals really want the area to be acknowledged as Hochatown and they also want you to pronounce it right. So Hoch is pronounced like a roach with an H, not HOOCH (as in hoochy...).
Most of the cabins have keyless door pads, you enter the code provided (turns green or makes a noise), turn the lock knob, and then turn the door handle. If there is no lock knob, then enter the code (turns green or makes a noise) and turn the door handle. If it doesn't work (turns red) wait a few minutes to reset and try again. Before trying again please make sure you are at the correct cabin, some cabin names are similar and easy to mistake as yours. If you have never seen these types of locks and are worried, go online before you leave and take a look, so it won't be so foreign to you.
Again, welcome to 'no mans' land. This is the number one issue we have for this area and, unfortunately, the least any owners have control over. Housekeeping specifically checks all TVs before your arrival and leaves a TV on so we know it will work when you enter the cabin.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND YOU ARE VISITING A RURAL AREA AND WHILE ALL OF OUR CABINS INCLUDE MAXIMUM BROADBAND SPEED AND WIDTH WIFI SERVICE IT IS NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK AT ALL TIMES OR OUTSIDE THE CABIN ITSELF. IF INTERNET SERVICE IS NEEDED FOR WORK OR PLEASURE, PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE (HOTSPOT, MYFI, ETC). EVEN WITH YOUR OWN DEVICE, YOU MAY NEED TO GO INTO TOWN TO ACCESS THE INTERNET. THERE IS ONLY ONE INTERNET COMPANY SERVICING ALL OF BROKEN BOW/HOCHATOWN AND THEY DO NOT WORK ON WEEKENDS AND DO NOT GUARANTEE SAME-DAY SERVICE WHEN A WORK ORDER IS PLACED.
Yes, we have several cabins that allow one-night stays.
If depends, ATV Riding is not allowed on a county road even if the road is gravel. You will be at risk of receiving an expensive ticket. You may ride an ATV in the Timber Creek Trails area. Since 2015, ATV Riding reopened in the National Forest area on Lucian Sorrel Road, the official ATV riding start location is about 50 yards down Lucian Sorrel Road where it splits with East Fork Road. You will need to trailer your ATV to this starting point. ATV can also be rented, see local attractions for the list. For more information visit the US Forest Service.
Yes, you may bring your registered gun to the cabins. Guns must always be unloaded and in a locked box while in the cabin. Guns left on the premises will be forfeited to the police and guest must arrange to pick it up with the department. For the safety of our staff, there are no exceptions to this rule. Shooting your gun for recreational purposes within the city limits and outside hunting areas is strictly prohibited and can result in police arrest.
Yes, the following year-round discounts are provided for 2 or more night stay. We also offer seasonal and 'just because we feel like it' discounts that can be found on our Facebook page. Be sure to follow us to receive discount notices.
- $35 Active Military Discount, Active Firefighters and Police Discount, Active Teachers Discount, and Retired Vets
- Stay 3 nights, get 4th night 50% off, excludes holidays and high season days (summer, spring break, etc)
- Stay 6 nights, get 7th-night FREE year-round offer
Yes, several cabins allow events. Events include weddings, large birthday parties, bachelor/bachelorette parties, sorority/fraternity parties, baby/bridal showers, corporate events, etc. Please note that confetti, glitter, glue, wax, silly string, etc, and taped decorations on the cabin and/or on the furniture are not allowed and the cabin must be left in the condition it was received prior to guest departure.
Events require a minimum 3-night stay and a $250 event fee. Several cabins require a $2500 venue charge and a 3-night minimum so please contact us for details. Please select the option during the check-out process. Per the cabin owners if a guest has an event and the required fees have not been paid all guests will be required to vacate the property and no refunds will be provided.
Indoor and outdoor fireplaces are seasonal on all cabins except 1 bedroom. Fireplaces are turned on October 1 and turned off on March 31st. On the refrigerator of the cabin is a QR code for an instructional video that shows how to use the cabin fireplace, hot tub, and TV's. Please watch the video before contacting the office for a service call to avoid possible service fees.
Our cabins are all privately owned so as their guest kindly treat their home with the same love and care you do your own, this includes following our STANDARD HOUSEGUEST ETIQUETTE:
- Please arrive and depart on time, arrival time is any time after 4:00 pm and departure time is no later than 11:00 am.
- Clean up after yourself and have your guests do the same. A vacation rental cleaning differs vastly from a regular household cleaning and the cleaning fee paid does not include maid service such as picking up trash, emptying refrigerators, etc. Our professional cleaners provide detailed deep cleans with enhanced COVID procedures after every guest including, but not exclusive to, laundering all towels, sheets, blankets, comforters, remaking all beds, sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, sanitizing toilets, sinks, showers, emptying, cleaning, and refilling hot tubs and hot tub filter, scrubbing grill, restocking supplies, checking TV's, fireplaces, and internet, staging the cabin, and so much more. Please respect them and their time by leaving the cabin tidy and by following the check-out procedures provided.
- Supervise children and other adult guests at all times and do not allow them to rough house in or around the cabin, put feet on or jump on furniture, move furniture, bang on walls, slam doors, use game sticks as swords, hang from railing or cabinets, pee or vomit in the hot tub or on bed linens, etc and please make sure their rooms are tidy and neat before check out.
- NEVER bring your pet to a cabin that is NOT pet friendly (ADA service animals excluded, emotional support dogs are not excluded). Some owners/their children are highly allergic and we ask that you not jeopardize their health by bringing an unapproved pet. We have many cabins that can accommodate your furry friend.
- NEVER smoke (including cigarettes, marijuana, cigars, etc) inside the cabin or throw your butts on the ground.
- Respect other cabin guests by keeping your noise level down and adhering to the town's quiet hours.
- It is our goal to provide exceptional service so please read over the pre-arrival form located on the refrigerator as soon as you arrive and notify us if there are any damages, non-working items, or concerns.
DUE TO THE INCREASED CLEANING PROCEDURES PLEASE FOLLOW THE CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES SO OUR CLEANERS CAN EFFECTIVELY SANITIZE BEFORE THE NEXT GUESTS.
The cabin you rented is privately owned and the owner's goal is to provide you with a HOME away from home. Before your departure, we kindly ask that you to:
- Clean up after yourself and leave the cabin tidy.
- Please dispose of all indoor trash into outdoor bins (if provided).
- Run the dishwasher
- Do Not strip sheets off beds. Simply leave beds unmade.
- For safety reasons please be sure all doors and windows are locked, fireplaces are turned off, the hot tub cover is on, and the thermostat is set between 70-72
- PLEASE Remember to remove all your personal items from the refrigerator, pantry, closets, drawers, and under beds. There is now a minimum $45 postage/handling fee for all returned items due to miles, time, and gas required to mail left contents. Post office drop-off is done one time a week. You can also pick up left items at our Lost and Found office.
Sweetwater Cabins administrative business hours are Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm. After 5 pm Monday-Friday please leave a message and we will get back to you during our regular business hours. Due to high solicitation calls, we do NOT return phone calls if a message is not left. If you are a guest currently staying in the cabin and require assistance, please call our after-hours/emergency number that is listed on the refrigerator. Housekeeping and maintenance check supplies and appliances before guests arrive so very rarely do things go astray. Except for light bulbs, they always seem to go out when we are not looking! Please be sure to print out your cabin arrival information before departure.
On the refrigerator is a list of emergency numbers. True emergencies include no heat/air, water, electricity. If any of these happen, it is typically a regional problem and not isolated to the cabin. If you have no heat/air, or water call our emergency maintenance number immediately. Make sure you leave a detailed message. In the message state your name, the cabin you are staying in, and the exact problem, that way we can have an answer for you before we call you back. If you have no electricity call Choctaw Electric directly at (580) 286-7155.