Cabin Rental Policy
CABIN RENTAL POLICY
CLICK TO VIEW OUR NEW DIGITAL GUEST GUIDEBOOK!
PAYMENTS: When you place your reservation, you will be charged a 15% non-refundable deposit per cabin. This 15% deposit will be deducted from the balance of your reservation. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival and will be charged automatically to the payment method on file. We accept credit card or e-check payments. Should a payment be returned for insufficient funds or other reason, $25 fee will be added to your balance.
IMPORTANT UPDATED INFORMATION:
As of March 14, 2020, the Covid-19 pandemic was widely publicized worldwide and in response, we adopted a more flexible payment and cancellation schedule. Therefore, all reservation made after March 14, 2020, are aware of the risk and there will be NO COVID CANCELLATION EXCEPTIONS if guest did not purchase trip insurance.
We offer TRIP INSURANCE as Protection against last minute, unavoidable cancellation (COVID, family emergency, death, inclement weather, etc). Declining coverage voids any and all possibility of refunds during the cancellation period.
- Reschedules may be made with 30 days or more notice
- Cancellations made 30 days or more prior to arrival date will forfeit the 15% deposit. Cancellations must be done by email only for our records.
- 50% refund with cancellation made 14-29 days before arrival date.
- There are no dates changes or refunds made inside 14 days. Due to the nature of our business and commitment to individual cabin owners there are no exceptions to this rule.
- We do not refund payments or adjust your reserved dates for weather-related events or other acts of God beyond our control.
- If you purchased trip cancellation insurance, please review your policy, or contact the 800-number provided on your insurance confirmation.
CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT:
Check-In: 4 pm
Check-Out: 11 am
The local housekeeping companies must clean multiple cabins within a set time frame. Please respect their schedule and depart by your designated check-out time.
PROHIBITIONS: The following are not allowed on our properties:
- Smoking inside any cabin. Any smoke-related abatement efforts or clean-up of cigarette butts in the yard will result in additional cleaning charge of $50.
- Additional guests beyond the number listed on your confirmation, without prior written consent.
- Vacationing students or individuals under 21 years of age, unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent or with prior written consent.
- Burning candles.
- Hazardous materials (except customary cleaning and fertilizing substances), explosives, or illegal drugs. NO FIREWORKS
- Parties, events, and gatherings of any kind without prior written consent.
- GUNS: Guns must always be unloaded and in a locked box while in the cabin. Guns left on the premises will be forfeited to the police and guest must arrange pick up with the department.
MINIMUM STAY: Our cabins may require a minimum stay of two or three nights, depending on the time of year. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods or high season.
NO DAILY MAID SERVICE: Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
CHECK OUT POLICY: Before your departure we kindly ask that you clean up after yourself and leave the cabin tidy.
- Please dispose of all indoor trash into outdoor bins.
- Wash all used dishes. Dishes may be left in dishwasher if they are clean or left running.
- Do not strip sheets off beds. Simply leave beds un-made.
- For safety reasons please be sure all doors and windows are locked, fireplaces are turned off, hot tub cover is on, and thermostat is set between 72-74
- PLEASE Remember to remove all your personal items from the refrigerator, pantry, closets, drawers, and under beds. There is a minimum $45 postage/handling fee for all returned items due to miles, time, and gas required to mail left contents. Post office drop off is done one time a week. You can also pick up left items at our Lost and Found office.
FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit, and/or rental money, and the guest will not be permitted to check in.
CONSTRUCTION: Sweetwater cabins cannot predict construction plans in the area and, therefore, cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience. No refunds can be given in the event of nearby construction.
PEST CONTROL: We take every precaution possible to keep pests and insects outdoors by having our properties exterminated regularly, but, please remember all our cabins are located in the forest, which we share with insects and other critters, such as beetles, field mice, squirrels, raccoons, opossums, flies, wasps, deer, walking sticks, coyotes, moths, and butterflies, just to name a few.
PET POLICY: As pet owners ourselves, we understand how much you love your furry family member(s), however, as a business we also must be respectful to those guests who are sensitive to or even allergic to our pets. The pet fee allows housekeeping to perform additional sanitary measures to ensure the next guests enter a clean and 'pet free' environment. Pet friendly cabins require advance notice and payment of the nonrefundable pet fee.
Pet owners agree to not leave their dogs unattended while away from the cabin (crating is fine, guest must provide crate) and keep them off furniture and beds. Also, we ask that guests clean up any droppings in the yard or surrounding areas upon departure. Owners are responsible for any damage/repairs resulting from their pets. Guests who fail to notify management of pets prior to arrival will be assessed a $100 pet fee after guest departure. Guests who have allowed their pets on the bed and furniture evidenced by excessive hair and/or damage that require dry cleaning or disposal will be charged the following additional amounts:
- Excessive cleaning of pet hair: $25-50
- Dry cleaning: $50
- Disposal of sheets/comforter/mattress pad: $100
Hot Tub: No children under the age of 14 are permitted in hot tubs at any time without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Our housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival; therefore, it may take some time to reach ideal temperature. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you will be charged a $500 replacement charge. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm. NO glass, soaps, creams, oils, bubbles, lotions, or food is allowed in the hot tub.
Fireplace: The fireplace is a non-vented propane gas log fired firebox or gas log electrical. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace. Fireplaces are seasonal October 1-March 31 except 1 bedroom cabins.
Water and Septic: The cabins are on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper.
Inclement Weather/Storms Policy: If there is a storm or inclement weather, no refunds will be given unless:
• The National Weather Service order mandatory evacuations or mandatory no travel in a "Storm Warning area" and/or
• A "mandatory evacuation or mandatory no travel order has been given for the Storm Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
• The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation or mandatory no travel order in a "Storm Warning," area, we will refund: Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
• Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Warning is lifted; and
• Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Warning" period.
SYSTEM FAILURE: In case of failure of a system during your stay, including water, sewer, heating, air conditioning, electrical, mechanical, ventilating, structural systems, major appliances (refrigerator and oven), hot tub, sauna, we shall repair them. You agree to permit access to the cabin to make repairs. We do ask for your patience, however, like your own hometown, we are at the mercy of the city and local businesses availability and capabilities.
We shall not be liable to you in damages, and NO REBATE OR REFUND will be given for such a temporary failure, provided we are repairing the system or amenity in a reasonable manner after having received notice from you that repairs are needed. This includes those mentioned above and the following: DVD player and Direct TV. There are no rebates or refunds for any service interruptions by choctaw electric or the water department.
HOT TUB FAILURE: Please let us know as soon as possible if the hot tub is not working properly. Every hot tub is cleaned, sanitized, and in working order prior to guest arrival. However, with 24- hour, year-round usage issues are bound to arise. If the hot tub is not working, please refer to the Troubleshooting Guide provided in the cabin. This guide will walk you through a reset process which fixes 99% of the problems. Do not try and fix yourself. We have a maintenance staff that can be contacted.
By paying your reservation fee, you assume full responsibility for any items found to be missing after your departure from the home, along with any damage due to misuse, negligence, or action on your or your visitors part, except in the case of normal wear and tear that you report to us within 24 hours of checking in to the property.
Our Damage Protection covers minor damage/loss that may occur during your occupancy for any damage, repair, or replacement expenses that don’t exceed $300. Restrictions Apply. Please note that the Damage Protection is not an insurance policy. It does not negate your responsibility for all members of your party as a primary renter, and we expect you to leave the property in appropriate condition.
It does not pay for any of the following:
- Intentional or negligent destruction
- Pet-related accidents or damage including wood floors or carpeting that must be cleaned/replaced
- Damage due to smoking
- Property damage resulting from motorized vehicle or watercraft use
- Hot tub cover damage
- Additional cleaning if the home is left excessively dirty
The Damage Protection is offered, administered, and funded solely by Sweetwater Cabins, LLC, and it is solely authorized to determine the nature, extent, and expense associated with any damage. The maximum aggregate amount of accidental damage that is covered by this Property Protection Fee is $300.
We administer all waivers of loss or damage and have sole authority to determine the nature and extent of the damages, necessary repairs, and eligibility for the waiver of liability. You must report any theft or damage to the property or its contents prior to check-out. If we do not hear from you about it by then, the protection plan will be null and void. We will notify you about any excess damage costs in writing within 72 hours. You have the right to disagree with our assessment or explain the damages within 72 hours of notification. Otherwise your credit card will automatically be charged for the loss or damage. Guests who refuse to pay for loss or damage by pursuing a charge back of their credit card will be subject to all the legal remedies available to Managing Agency, including Small Claims Court (or Superior Court if the damages are within the jurisdiction of the higher court).
RELEASE OF LIABILITY; INDEMNITY OF PROPERTY OWNERS AND MANAGERS: Guest hereby specifically acknowledges and agrees that the property owners, managers, and their agents are not and will not be liable to guest or guest’s invitee, co-occupant, agent, or others under a guest’s control or supervision for any injuries, death, damages, and/or losses occasioned by or from the use of the property, or due to any design, mechanical, or construction defects, if any, of the property, or due to any property or service provided or made available by property owners or managers, or for any injury or damage occasioned by water coming into the property from any source whatsoever, or for any damage or injury to persons or property arising from any acts or neglect of the other occupants of, or any other persons in, on, or adjacent to the property or of any adjacent property occupants, of the public, or of property owners or managers.
Guest, on behalf of itself and its invitees, co-occupants, agents, or others under a guest’s control or supervision, expressly waives and releases the property owners and managers from liability for all such claims. Guest, on behalf of itself and its invitees, co-occupants, agents, or others under guest’s control or supervision, expressly and voluntarily assumes all risk of death, personal injury, or loss of or damage to property, sustained while participating in the performance of the agreement whether or not caused by the negligence of the property owners or managers.
In the event the property owners, managers, or their agents are made a party to a claim or a suit regarding the property or its use, guest agrees to hold harmless, indemnify, and defend such parties from all claims, liabilities, damages, actions, losses, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of such matters.
IMPENDING CHARGES: Sweetwater cabins will do everything within its means to notify you of impending charges; however, Sweetwater Cabins reserve the right to bill the credit card for violations to the policy prior to notification. Any legal dispute of the damages will be contained within the State of Oklahoma and the County in which the property resided.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short-Term Rental Agreement